Saturday, March 7, 2009

Take heed.

Over Christmas break, I went on a quest for a lot of things - a dress for Kate's wedding, a black skirt for ushering, dress shoes, and every-day shoes. That I found all of them, I account entirely to God's merciful providence.

I found these really cute shoes made by Patagonia for sale online at Sierra Trading Post. They were shipped to me at Wheaton, and I quickly became very fond of them. They are made of brown, recycled leather with purple laces. How could I not love them?


Alas! Would that that were the end of the story!
I had not worn them for more than three or four weeks before the backs were worn through thus:


Yesterday one shoelace snapped.


So today I called Sierra Trading Post. They'll give me my money back, if I ship the shoes back to them. It's up to the returns department to decide if they'll reimburse me for shipping and handling too. Before I called them, I perused their catalog to see if I might find a good replacement. I found that they are selling my shoes in a different shade of brown (with white laces) for men for nearly twenty dollars more than I paid. Online, they are still selling my shoes, again at a higher price than I paid. They're very cute shoes. They are comfortable. They are eco-friendly. Perhaps one of you has looked on Sierra Trading Post for shoes, and been tempted to buy them. DON'T DO IT!!!

No comments: