Thursday, March 12, 2009

Brooklyn Botanical Gardens

After visiting the art museum, we went to the botanical gardens right next door for lunch and a walk around the gardens and conservatories.

Spring is coming!

The witch hazel is blooming.

The crocuses and snowdrops are covering the ground.

I'd like to come back when this is lush and green.

The conservatories were divided into three sections: temperate (or something like that), tropical, and desert. I took a lot of pictures, only some of which I'm posting here, and unfortunately I'm not certain which were from the temperate and which from tropical.


This is a Bird of Paradise. Did you know that they are closely related to the banana?


This plant blooms only once a century. We missed it.



I think this plant looks evil.

They had a room of bonsai trees too. These group of maple trees is over 110 years old.

No comments: