Wheaton has a little store in the lower Beamer Center called the C-Store where you can buy things like soap, erasers, Wheaton t-shirts, cake mixes, and milk. Each day there's a little trivia question posted outside the store - if you know the answer and remember to tell the cashier you get ten percent off your order. When I went there to buy milk to make pancakes last Funday Monday the question was, "What are the colors of the Irish flag?" I couldn't imagine that anyone wouldn't know the answer.
But then it struck me that perhaps not everyone's home town drapes these colors over the town hall every March:

And maybe not everyone's home town paints a green stripe down Main Street for the St. Patrick's Day parade. When I drove down Main Street I thought I saw more Irish flags hanging on the telephone poles than US flags. I'm proud to be a wee bit Irish, but I found that a bit disconcerting. I counted them on the way back up, and I'm relieved to be mistaken.
3 comments:
is that legal? a flag that size compared to the US flag?
Nope. http://www.united-states-flag.com/displaying-flags.html
I wonder if there's a bigger US flag on the other side of the hall. I don't remember one though.
wow. i don't remember that at all.
Post a Comment