I was deep in thought on my way up to a friend's room to return her jacket. I went into the wrong suite without realizing it, pushed my way through throngs of people, walked through the bathroom and into the adjoining room (mercifully empty) before realizing it wasn't right. Then I dashed out and ran racing down the hallway hoping nobody noticed. Smooth. Oh yeah.
3 comments:
Hi Carol,
I've been reading your blog, though somewhat sporadically, ever since you became a link on Kyle and Katie's blogspot. I've never written before (as you know!) but I thought tonight I would say hello. And I should add that I really do enjoy reading your entries -you do have a wonderful gift with words.
I thought of a comment when I read your entry of April 16 about learning. It is a quote from Einstein, at least he is given credit. It is something like: "Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school."
I wonder if he really said it? It seems as though he did because I like the essence of it; and because I was born on his birthday. Not the same year, of course... Well, maybe close. :-)
So, anyway, thank you for the way you have so eloquently expressed yourself. Nice work!
-Kathy a.k.a. Katie's mother-in-law
Hi! Great to hear from you! And always great to hear that I have another reader!
The comment about education is a little scary for me since I feel like I'm learning so much while I'm here at Wheaton. How much will I remember, I wonder? How much will be worth remembering? From what is my education really coming?
Congratulations on the two new grandchildren coming around Thanksgiving! How ever will you decide where to be?!
Good thing you don't live in a co-ed dorm...that could have been quite a predicament--
Mrs. Fillmore
Post a Comment