Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Not again.

Writing is either a means for procrastination or an occasion for procrastination. Right now I'm blogging to put off finishing my essay that is due tomorrow afternoon.

I think I said when I finished an essay for the 4-H scholarship this summer that I would never write another paper on puppy raising. Alas, that was not to be. I'm attempting one right now. Or rather, I would be if I weren't writing this instead. Just for the record, this is at least the eighth paper I've written on puppy raising. I'm through. I can't do it anymore.

Every thought feels stale. Contrived. "I'm a better person for it." It's true. I wouldn't be writing it if I didn't believe it. Why does it feel so much like propaganda?

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I think it feels like propaganda because, while true, it's not what's really most on your heart/mind right now.

I've heard that the best writing comes from honesty. Writer's block is sometimes because we don't want to be honest.

Ken said...

Umm, ironically, that comment was from me - not Cheryl. (Login issue.)

And I'm not saying you're not honest. Rather, suggesting that you're probably not writing about what is most "real" to you right now.

Pastor S

Carol said...

Thanks, Ken. I think it's true. That's why I love to blog - I'm writing about what's "real" to me right now.
Maybe I should have tried to write about Mexico instead?