I had an art assignment for my writing class. (??) We had to create a life map of our "identity" with places that are significant, different roles we've had, and decisions we've made. That was pretty much all the guidelines that were given, so naturally I went overboard. I never know what the teacher really wants. But it was fun. If you click on the picture, you can see it bigger.
5 comments:
Wow, nice job! That turned out really great.
i think that's pretty neat. that was a creative idea to put images of the locations all over.
do you have access to a scanner? it would be neat to be able to read the text, which i couldn't read all of.
i bet you use it as a springboard for writing ideas. i do some things like that with my kids and it can really help the ones who have no idea get a jumping point - because you should write about what you know and like. or a personal story might need some reflection in writing.
hope you post some of your writings!
It was sort of a spring board. We had to write a paragraph about the life map. I don't have a scanner, but that's okay because there wasn't anything on there particularly worth reading.
I also had to write an essay on my identity as a writer - where are my strengths, my weaknesses, what do I want to learn, etc.
And then tomorrow I have an essay due on the influence an important decision made on my identity. Suggestions? I'm not sure I've ever felt conflict over an important decision so I'm at a loss.
I think you need to be honest about your perception that you have not yet wrestled with a difficult decision and its consequences. You can write about why that might be. You can write about inconsequential decisions and their consequences (oxymoronic)
You can verbally wrestle with the issue. But tell the truth. Be humble. Maybe people who do that aren't faced with seemingly huge decisions. Love, Mother
Mother looks at the assignment more closely as you describe it above. Decision was made. (by you or not) Consequences of decision had strong influence on you personally. That in hindsight made the decision important. e.g. Parents decided the family would become puppy raisers. Carol assumed major responsibilities for puppies and found she really liked dogs, was good with them, experienced the benefits of being part of a multi-generational NJ puppy club and 4-H opportunities, etc. Hope that may help. The so called decision isn't the big thing. The shaping is.
Post a Comment