Wednesday, January 30, 2008

For a change. . .

A few things that I'm thankful for today:

Outside it's clear and sunny and 5 degrees. To me, this is better than the forty-five degrees with drizzle and complete cloud-cover of yesterday.

I have a really warm coat, hat, scarf, and mittens.

My piano lessons this semester at at 8:30 in the morning, so they don't weigh over my head all day.

I have ripe bananas and oranges that I bought at the Jewel on Sunday. Actually the orange I just ate was pretty gross, but I'm hopeful for the other two!

I have a very handy Swiss Army knife with which to cut the orange.

I have a sweet laptop and internet connection in my room, so I can jot this down in comfort before starting theory homework.

I love my music theory teacher more and more each week. Even though the homework is hard.

I started American Sign Languages class last night! I'm learning a new language and being introduced to a new culture. Noah, the deaf student who's teaching it, has a deaf mother and hearing father. Shortly after he was born his parents found out he was deaf. His mother's family, who are all deaf, sent notes of congratulations. They were delighted that he could be part of the deaf community. His father's family sent sympathy cards. Noah laughs - he doesn't want pity or need it.

I am thankful that I am not deaf.

I can still enjoy listening to music (right now Fernando Sor's classical guitar music) even if I'm not so excited to work at making music.

This is my hundred-and-first post and I still like blogging.

1 comment:

kate said...

i'm glad you're still blogging