Hearing little dissent, I've retitled my blog "Scattered Wits". I also added a page element on the side bar - cool new vocab words. I'm pleased.
I'm writing this while flying back to Wheaton after Thanksgiving break. I've been reminded this Thanksgiving break of why I don't love airline travel. I really shouldn't complain. The days I flew are some of the heaviest travel days of the year yet I didn't have to wait in any long lines. But I did spend many hours waiting at the gate while everything in me was itching to be on my way. Both my flights left late. But in this case the ends justify the means. Traveling is worth the cost of growing old in the airport. I'm so glad I got to come home for Thanksgiving.
The only work that I brought home to do was to read The Next Christendom by Philip Jenkins for my Gospel, Church, and Culture class. It is mildly interesting at points, but far from scintillating. I managed to get through the last chapter by rewarding myself with a carrot stick after each page turn, like the way I remember eating crackers to pass the miles on long car trips. Now I'm snacking on M&Ms at my pleasure as I type. I like this better.
Thanksgiving break was wonderful and I feel ready to tackle the three and a half weeks left of classes and exams before Christmas break. I'm looking forward to posting some of the pictures I took.
4 comments:
Hi Carol - I am really sory we missed you over the Thanksgiving weekend. We simply had too many kids traveling at too many different times! We look forward to seeing you at CHristmas and hearing about how you are doing 1st hand :)
My kids all left dreading the next 3 weeks - so hang in there - I pray for you often.
Love, Leslie G.
do. i'm looking forward to seeing those settlers pics.
love the new sidebar addition!
Mrs. G,
Thanks. I looked for you and Dr. Guyer from my vantage point behind the piano on Sunday morning! Sorry you couldn't make it, but Christmas break is going to come quickly.
Post a Comment