It was so nice to see some friends over break. I stopped by school on Wednesday afternoon and talked with my old principal and caught up with some favorite teachers. Mrs. Bonsell, my Great Books teacher junior and senior year, treated Susie, Andrew, and me to breakfast on Friday morning. I love TCS and while I'm glad to be at Wheaton now it's still nice to hear what's going on there. And it was especially good to be with Susie and Andrew again! We all are having such different college experiences. Andrew is a plebe at the United States Naval Academy. He made it to regionals in track again this year, in spite of some ankle injuries. I'm sure he ran better than he was willing to tell us too. Susie is excelling at Seton Hall's honors college. And Mrs. Bonsell is teaching and missing us dreadfully.
One of the highlights of the trip home for me was seeing Mr. Berdos, my old piano teacher. He listened to me play and we talked and then he took me and Tim out for coffee and we talked some more. It's comforting for me to know that God is sovereign and there's a reason I have my current piano teacher, though he drives me nuts. But that doesn't make me miss Mr. Berdos any less. I wish I could be in NJ on Sunday to hear him conduct Handel's Messiah at Hilltop again.
No comments:
Post a Comment