Mrs. King baked rhubarb pie, and Mr. King made root beer floats. Yes, the lines fell for me in pleasant places. They even have a dog!
Truman (part Golden, part Australian Sheepdog) is about as close to the platonic form of a dog of any dog I've met, and I've known quite a few. This is cemented by the fact that he brings in the newspaper every morning. I'm sure the platonic form would do that. He always greeted me warmly when I came back the house, as one would a long lost sheep, cried happily, and rolled over for a belly rub. When I sat down to stroke him, he would rest his head in my lap which melted my heart every time. He also has perfect, perky ears. They have the cuteness of floppy ears with the expressiveness of upright ears. He loves walks and rides in the car. Plus, he's responsible, loyal, and attentive. He sat next to me when I read on the couch and was waiting outside my bedroom door the morning I overslept. I'm pretty sure he would've started barking if I'd been much later.
No comments:
Post a Comment