A couple weeks ago I got to go sailing on Lake Michigan with some friends from the college group in the sloop of another College Church friend. (Note my use of the precise nautical terminology.)
It was a chilly, blustery day for early August, which was nice because we had a good, strong wind. It was nothing like the placid sails in my grandpa's trimaran off Vancouver Island when the cousins would lie out on the almas, drinking tea and trying to play spades without the cards blowing away.

Click on this picture so you can see it big enough to read the name of the boat written on the sail's cover. I think it is immensely clever:

Have I mentioned that I am falling in love with the Chicago skyline?

even on a stormy day


This is Clara, the young lady that I am very pleased to call my cousin. My grandpa married her grandma. That makes us family, right?

With the good, strong wind we heeled over a lot. T'was much fun.


This is the Smurfit-Stone building in the back. I always want to know the name of it, but can never remember when I'm actually in the city. I come back and look it up again at
this cool website (though
this one is usually more useful.)

We came back to solid ground again to listen to a free concert in Millennium Park. Millennium, not unlike Smurfit-Stone, is a word I have to look up each time in order to be quite sure of myself.
2 comments:
Fun times! You had a really fun summer.
I couldn't read the name of the boat. Will you tell us now?
Trade Wins.
Post a Comment