Tuesday, August 4, 2009

12 months

Sometimes I like to think back and remember what I was doing at this time a year earlier. Occasionally when I'm collecting dirty linens I remember that twelve months before I was picking up sweaty, dusty, work clothes (including undergarments) left behind by volunteers. A week ago, during a particularly long desk shift, I wistfully thought of the fun I had been having in Guanajuato the year before.

Late last week, I was doing the exact same thing as I had the year before: packing.

And I think it might have been this very day last year that I was miserably ill, but happy because Ashley had just asked me to be her bridesmaid.

I can't play this game without thinking forward. Where will I be this time next year? What will have changed? What will I be looking forward to?

Proverbs 16:9

No comments: