Another thing that makes me happy that I forgot to mention before is Clyde. He is a beautiful, classy "pewter-gray" 240 Volvo sedan. He used to belong to Ruth, but now he's mine to drive. It makes me happy just to see him waiting in the parking lot for me. Yesterday afternoon I made him more mine but putting a "Seeing Eye puppy raiser" decal in the back. Combined with the ribbon around the stick and the pillows on seat to help me see over the dashboard no one could mistake him for anyone else's car!
I just got thinking. Part of the reason I decided to blog was to learn to write better, quicker, and more confidently. If I were writing about my car for English class I would have gone back and re-worked a couple of those somewhat awkward sentences. Can I let them slide without guilt just because this is a blog?
6 comments:
I say you do what you feel like. You're the writer, editor and publisher. Sometimes I edit meticulously, othertimes I let stream of conscious and randomness rule.
The English teacher says it's OK. My last post is rife with errors.
We had a volvo like that- my dad named it "Sharkie."
Good. No wonder people like blogging!
I'm looking forward to meeting you this weekend, Courtney! Anyone who uses words like "rife" and whose family used to have a volvo must be all right! It's no wonder Kate's fond of you!
I'm excited that you are blogging lots. I knew you'd like it...
CAROL!
I'm going to use great grammar, punctuation, and spelling because it seems like I could get in trouble for my usual "english" with all these grammar perfectionists around. :-)
I hope your weekend is going amazing. Midterms went well, I guess. We need to talk about the Biology lab tomorrow.
Hey Chicka!
It's fun to read your blog since I haven't heard much of your life and thoughts lately.
Post a Comment