Kate and Garrett and I drove down to Maryland on Wednesday to visit the
Zubas. I hadn't seen them in two and half months. J.T. is speaking in sentences now - albeit sometimes unintelligibly. He still calls me Auntie Torah. (I'm sympathetic - I struggled to say my own name for many years.) Of course, the highlight of the trip was meeting my new nephew William, whom J.T. calls "Ba' Nayum." He's going to be so big the next time I see him.


Aunthood has taught me that it's a precious feeling to hold a sleeping baby against your chest - especially if you are the one who calmed him from fussing to sleeping.

Ruthie let J.T. pick his own outfit on Saturday morning. Incidentally, he's sitting in the same high chair that I remember sitting in some years ago.
1 comment:
that cream colored heart afghan looks so familiar
Post a Comment