Friday, August 1, 2008

A few odd pictures again

Here are a few odd pictures from the summer.  I'm planning on posting more on Hurricane Dolly and our staff trip to Guanajuato soon.  

A bunch of summer staffers celebrated birthdays in July.  We bought Casey a Tinkerbell pinata. 

Each Sunday afternoon we take the volunteers to a government orphanage a few blocks from Casa Verde to play with the children there.   It's not exactly an orphanage - it's really a home for children whose parents aren't able to take care of them.   Sometimes the children will be returned to the parents.  You never know when you go if you'll see the same children again.  This little girl had come in the night before with her sister.  She had bruises all over her body. Nothing made her happier than being held, though I'll grant her expression doesn't show that.

Ashley and me.  We went up to the roof with a few others one afternoon for a view of the city. 

There are little apartments on the roof; some are occupied only by pigeons.
 
But some are cared for. 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice shirt in the second picture.

Carol said...

thanks. :)
When I break that one out, you know I desperately need to do laundry.