"Third time's the charm?" "Not for me it wasn't. For me, six times was the charm."*
Today, on the slim hope of learning news about Telly, I went to Family Day at the Seeing Eye. I ran into Janet Keeler, my club leader, and she told me which instructor might be able to provide some information about Telly. So I tracked down Kris, and learned that . . .
Telly is in Mississippi! She is a "home placement" which means she has been matched with an older, experienced blind person who doesn't want to travel all the way to NJ for class. An instructor is still down there in Mississippi working with Telly and her new owner, but Kris reports that things so far are going "swimmingly." I should be getting a letter in a couple weeks.
I got all weepy and had to walk off. I shouldn't write anything more. It'll sound too melodramatic, and then I'll be embarrassed if I come back later and read it. I've been waiting ten years for this. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
I also learned that Telly is the German Shepherd pictured on the Seeing Eye's holiday card this year! I have always said she is the most gorgeous German Shepherd I've ever seen.
My dear puppy. I miss her all over again.
*I've also been waiting several years for the perfect opportunity to quote this.
3 comments:
Yippeee!!!!! This is just about the most exciting news I've heard in quite some time. That's also pretty sweet about her being on the holiday card. And I'm finally glad you got to use that quote.
Oh, Carol, I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!
Also, I get to see you in like a week. When do you get back?
carol i'm sooo excited for you!! what an well-deserved honor! I know how important this was to you and so did the Lord. I wish I could be there to share in your triumph :-)
ps - i'd love a copy of that holiday card!
Post a Comment