Friday, May 23, 2008

Weird

So, Courtney and Kate want to know in what ways I'm weird. Here's one way.

Sometimes I get a line from a song stuck in my head that relates to my particular circumstances. Those few words will play continuously in my head like a broken record, sometimes spilling out of my mouth in song to the amusement of my companions.

In the middle of the semester when my life was much madness, I sang, "and I'm so tired" from Simon and Garfunkel's "Keep the Customer Satisfied." Four words over and over and over again.

A few weeks ago a bunch of friends and I were planning on going swing dancing, but we were short a guy. Up until a few minutes before we left, every guy we asked couldn't come. For several hours I sang, "and there's no one else" from some song that Wheaton students sing at Honey Rock.

During finals week I sang the line, "my mind's distracted and confused" from S&G's "Kathy's Song."

As I was packing, I sang "Almost home, birds come fly, but I still can't see the shore - the only thing I know for sure , the ocean has in store" and "tonight I'm almost home" from Hem's "Almost Home." When I wasn't singing that, I was singing "homeward bound, I wish I were homeward bound." You might note that that isn't the same way S&G sing it. I change the verb to the subjunctive mood. That's another reason I'm weird.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tHat is Definitely another reason you are weird.

but i like your weirdness.

Anonymous said...

I concur. on all points. I have woken up singing "Good morning sun, I am a bird, wearing a brown polyster suit" myriad mornings over the last 2 years... But generally, yeah, its just 5 word snippets ad nauseum.