"Scattered wits take a long time picking up; and often, before I had got them well together, they would be dispersed in all directions by one stray thought."
Monday, May 5, 2008
In need of some levity
Milan stumbled upon my father's doppelganger. He is, humorously, a Czech rock star named Petr Janda. I was shaking with laughter in the middle of saga when I first saw the picture. Enjoy.
my father
his double
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Astounding how effectively your father has shielded family from his alter ego all these years. Clearly, Petr Janda is Dr. David Miner, er, sometimes at least.
Often when I'd walk into the church building in New Jersey, I would hear loud acoustic guitar and someone singing "M-m-m-my sharona!" But always, by the time I reached the top of the stairs, the guitar would abruptly stop, and I'd find your Dad studying calmly in his office...though with the faintest sound of reverb in the air.
3 comments:
Astounding how effectively your father has shielded family from his alter ego all these years. Clearly, Petr Janda is Dr. David Miner, er, sometimes at least.
Often when I'd walk into the church building in New Jersey, I would hear loud acoustic guitar and someone singing "M-m-m-my sharona!" But always, by the time I reached the top of the stairs, the guitar would abruptly stop, and I'd find your Dad studying calmly in his office...though with the faintest sound of reverb in the air.
It all makes sense now.
I'm shaken to the core.
Post a Comment