Friday, May 30, 2008

Today

Today I drove this hulking fifteen passanger van (with another summer staffer) across the border and bought over $1,875 worth of groceries and cleaning supplies at Sam's, WalMart, Cano's Produce Co., and Texas Meat Providers. What did you do today?


7 comments:

Unknown said...

nice!

today, i translated greek, and hmm...sat around. yes. that is what i did. oh, and i began another book.

sounds like your summer is starting off great! stay safe.

Anonymous said...

what a woman!!! I miss you, Carol.

Danielle said...

Wow. I'm exceedingly jealous of your trip to Texas.

Carol said...

You, my friend, are absolutely ridiculous.

Danielle said...

Are you kidding me? If that comment was aimed at me... I love Tejas. I miss it terribly. I am going through extreme withdrawal symptoms. Can't say I miss the heat to terribly, though.

Carol said...

I'm shaking my head in perplexion. I can understand missing Baylor, but Texas?!

Danielle said...

Well, I think it's mostly Baylor, but Baylor wouldn't be the same anywhere else. And the people wouldn't be the same either. And the wide open spaces. But according to my sister, it's not Texas I miss, but rather who I am when I'm there. It's not my favorite state or anything, don't worry. You're just closer to my friends than I am... and my bike. =)