"Scattered wits take a long time picking up; and often, before I had got them well together, they would be dispersed in all directions by one stray thought."
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Graduation 2010
Commencement is bittersweet. My friends are leaving me. I don't like thinking about senior year in Wheaton without these ladies.
Arwen has been a dear friend to me since the very beginning of freshman year. Actually, I met her when I came for connection senior year, but she doesn't remember this. I'm pretty sure that I could talk to Arwen about anything at all. She is thoughtful, funny, principled, engaging, endearing, helpful, generous, unique, opinionated, and frank. She is many more things, but I won't detail them here. I am very glad that she will be in Wheaton this summer, so I can have some more sweet times with her before she marries Nick this August, and they go off to Westminster Seminary together.
These two lovely ladies were my apartment-mates this year. I didn't really know Laura before this year, but it has been a delight to live with her. She is amusing, occasionally goofy, independent, bright, and, which is important for a roommate, loves good music. Donna Grace grows more precious to me the more time I spend with her. Who would have thought my kindred spirit would be a chemistry major? To use Hawthorne's language, I think she "speaks my heart's native language." Laura and Donna both graduated summa cum laude. I will not be. :)
Becky Redline is an honorary roommate. She graduated in December and came back the week before graduation, sleeping on a mattress on my bedroom floor. I wish I'd known her longer. She is delightful.
Javan graduated this year. The sash thingie (I can't remember the special word for it) is because of his participation in Wheaton's HNGR program. It was great to see Jonathan, Rebekah, Aunt Karen, and Uncle Bert again. Joel was back in Washington for AP exams, but he'll be a freshman at Wheaton in the fall. The minor Miner dynasty continues!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The word you are looking for is "stole".
Also, a mattress on your bedroom floor is a fabulous place to sleep.
Post a Comment