Friday, April 16, 2010

I think Wheaton College is a pretty cool place.

This weekend is the 19th annual Theology Conference at the college, and this year the theme is Jesus, Paul, and the People of God: A Theological Dialogue with N.T. Wright. So tonight I heard N.T. Wright speak eloquently and winsomely before (at least) 2ooo people in Edman Chapel on historical Jesus studies and the life of the Church. And then I heard Tim Dennison and the Creepers, a student blue grass band giving their last concert before a packed out Pierce Chapel. (In between I biked wildly across campus to pick up and deliver a couple waffle irons, but that's another story.) I think that's pretty good for one night.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

I was disappointed to discover that the year I am not there, N. T. Wright is the keynote speaker. Sadly, this is junior rather than senior year and therefore not the year for rash, impudent things like skipping classes at the semester's end.