Susanna and I walked together to Starbucks in the fresh snow (the first real snow was on my birthday last year too!). We returned to the floor to find this interesting blue gown I'm wearing in the pictures and the gold crown lying outside the closed dorm door with instructions to put it on, no questions asked. The roommates, dressed in their own finery, had prepared a high tea for us all, with cake too. There were dramatic poetry recitations. It was a festive affair.
On black Friday in Louisville, Clara, Mrs. Stam, visited Good Will and a particularly nice consignment shop looking for gaudy Christmas sweaters. I ended up with a nice sweater and $3 pair of ice skates, which I would call a partial success. (One of these days I'll make it to Chicago.) Clara got an absolutely incredible turquoise sequinned dress. I wish I had a picture. Mrs. Stam considered the Christmas sweater quest a worthy challenge and spent the rest of the afternoon while Clara and I studied ransacking Good Wills and thrift shops across Louisville. She came back with this blue gown and a terrible gold sequinned dress for me as well as ugly Christmas sweaters for both of us. The roommates found the dresses resting on a chair and were inspired. This explains the costumes.
Erin took great pleasure in informing every girl who walked past the room that the gold sequined dress belongs to me. I've never actually tried it on.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday, Carol, from the Shomos. We don't get to see you when we're in NJ, so let us know when you'll be somewhere near Virginia Beach!
Ken & Cheryl
Post a Comment