In September, poet Marilyn Nelson came to Wheaton for the literature and writing conference and read some of her poetry in chapel. This poem came from her reflections on the way we sometimes pray. I couldn't find it online or in any anthologies, so I went back to the chapel archives and transcribed it. I wish I knew where the line breaks are supposed to be.
In Complete Renunciation
Please let me have
a ten room house
adjacent to campus.
Six bed rooms
two and a half baths
formal dining room
fireplace
family room
screen porch
two car garage
well maintained.
And let it pass through the eye of a needle.
2 comments:
That's a great poem!
We're visiting NJ right now and wish you were here. We're thinking of you!
Ken & Cheryl Shomo
Hey niece Carol!
I don't visit your blog often, but I always stopping in when I do. My, those word lists are challenging! Whenever I read P.D.James, I am pushed to the dictionary frequently.
PS Not sure that I would use "crazy" when thinking of you, but at least you are ok with it.
u.s.
Post a Comment