I like to eat alone.
Let me qualify that by adding that I always love meals with my roommates, I do enjoy the saga dates I have (sharing a meal is usually the best way to catch up with friends), and eating every meal alone every day would be depressing. But the truth remains, I like to eat alone. It doesn't bother me when every one else in saga is eating dinner with friends. And while I appreciate the gesture, I don't always want to join people.
I really like being alone in my thoughts, free to muse without the guilt of knowing I should be studying or paying attention. There's not enough time alone at college. Studying doesn't count. I look at the few moments of peace during a solitary meal the way I looked at my commute in Clyde to high school. I relish it.
1 comment:
I agree with eating alone, but disagree with Saga. I find it really hard to eat alone in saga when everyone else is socializing and whatnot.
However, cooking alone in the apartment is an entirely different matter. Tonight I made bacon and eggs. It was very enjoyable.
Post a Comment