There's a guy who was on my brother floor last year who calls me "Crazy." We see each other every few days, and our conversation goes something like this:
me: Hey, Caleb.
him: What'sup, Crazy.
I'm not sure how I earned this nickname. I may be odd, but I'm not particularly crazy. I like it anyway.
College students are supposed to do crazy things. I have a sister who tried to spend a night on Pierce Chapel and a father who drove his Morris Mini Miner around the gymnasium. My roommate and a friend took the 5:47 am train into Chicago to buy intelligentsia coffee and a muffin and were back before their 9:15 class.
My craziness for the month of October was to observe "Octofu" with a few friends. We were vegetarians for the month, though I broke it by necessity over fall break and for a couple meals off campus. Be not concerned, we were all careful to get plenty of protein, and frankly we were probably more healthy than usual.
Humorously, half a week into Octofu it was my organ teacher's birthday, and as is tradition the studio took him out to his favorite restaurant, Famous Dave's. Famous Daves is a barbecue place. But I managed. I'm pretty proud of that.
Now it's November, and I can eat meat again, so this morning when my friend Susanna and I walked to the French Market in downtown Wheaton I sampled buffalo meat without compunction. It tastes like beef, as well as I can remember. :)
1 comment:
compunction?! who are you?
Post a Comment