Wednesday, October 15, 2008

This is new.

Sometimes I'm a klutz. I don't have the best depth perception, so I not infrequently hit the wall as I walk around a corner or knock my elbows on a doorknobs. And sometimes I trip over myself, and my fingers aren't always very nimble. But yesterday was the first time I ever mixed my hands up with my feet. I'm taking organ lessons and just started using the pedals. All is well with my right hand, but, for some reason, my left hand and my feet get all scrambled. I start playing with my hand what my feet should be doing, and the feet run off and doing something else.
It's humbling.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's absolutely hilarious.

okay, you didn't mean for us to laugh at you, but what i mean is the way you said it makes it very funny.


ps: i hope you always enjoy my indian names.

Sarah said...

Sometime I would like to watch you mix up your hands and your feet more thoroughly. I want to see you lying upside down on the bench playing the upper keyboards with your toes.

Carol said...

ah, but I did indeed mean for you to laugh at me. or laugh with me. glad it worked.

Danielle said...

I make a fool of myself all the time... before the broken heel, I had pretty good balance. I mean, if I can leap around on a 4-inch balance beam, I would think I can walk on a 2 foot sidewalk. Well, post-broken foot I fall all over the place with wobbly balance in a boot cast. Don't feel bad, I almost fell flat on my face walking to class when I slipped in front of the math building on the rainy sidewalk. =P

Ken said...

All I can say is, "Wow."