A humorous anecdote - the other day I walked into the kitchen to find the volunteers washing the dishes to a string quartet of Vivaldi. This struck me as odd, but since they'd chosen it, I wasn't going to change it. The next day I realized they'd put my ipod on shuffle. I bet that was disappointing.
"Scattered wits take a long time picking up; and often, before I had got them well together, they would be dispersed in all directions by one stray thought."
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Thoughtful Packing
Many times I think about how difficult this summer could be without the friendship of Ashley. I also think about how dreadful it would be if she hadn't brought this wonderful ipod port and speakers. If any of you are already thinking about what to give me for Christmas. . . :-)
I listen to lots of music while I wash dishes, take care of leftovers, and bake desserts. Brent's ipod is an endless source of new music. I've been introduced to Belle and Sebastian, Feist, Over the Rhine, Patty Griffin, and Wilco (and plenty more that slips my mind at the moment). And I've enjoyed more music of artists that were at least slightly familiar including the Beatles; Bob Dylan; Coldplay; the Cranberries; Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young; Emmylou Harris; Hem; Sufjan Stevens; and the Weepies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
good stuff
Post a Comment