Monday, July 14, 2008

On break again.

It rained incessantly last week.  We were on break again, which I suppose was good because it would have been miserable - or next to impossible - on the job site.  Reynosa isn't well equipped to deal with so much rain so the streets flooded the first day.  I'd never driven through such deep water before.  Casa Verde's courtyard and lobbies are open to the sky, so everything becomes soaked and very slippery.  It's really kind of gross.  

Ashley, dearest friend among the summer staff, and I stayed at Kim and Erin's place most of the week while the other three girls traveled to Monterrey.  It was a laid back week the highlights of which were watching the Wimbledon finals with Kim (!!!), crepes at a little coffee shop Ashley and I discovered, and a movie at the VIP theatre.  The theatre is amazing.  You pay the same amount you would in the states (which I admit is exorbitant), but you get to pick your seats which are leather with foot rests and waiters come offering you anything from sushi to popcorn (for a small fee. . .).  We watched Get Smart, only here it's called Super Agente 86 (in English with Spanish subtitles).  I really did enjoy it tremendously.  

The perk of the raininess was getting to wear my new bright green water proof jacket.  I was pretty excited.  

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Is that the shirt I gave you? :-) I am just now catching up on your time in Mexico...sorry to hear some of it's been difficult. Sounds like it's probably been quite a growing experience.