Friday, December 7, 2007

Let it Snow!!!

The first significant snow of the year was Tuesday. It started flurrying in the later afternoon and by the time darkness fell it was coming down wholeheartedly. I couldn't resist spending several hours outside, delighting in the weather. I have a lot of memories about snow - late night walks with the family, sledding at Colgate field, Mrs. Cutler calling about school cancellations, watching Lewie hop around and puppies bound, the blizzard of 1996, playing in the mounds of snow at the edge of the school parking lot during recess, and the year it snowed on Christmas and we had to drive David to the airport in treacherous conditions.

Erin, Arwen, Swims, and I walked through the snow to Lawson field where we danced and goofed around. Swims had to return to work, but the rest of us walked further through the neighborhood, singing Christmas carols together. There's something magical about a snowfall at night. Then we headed to the stupe for ice cream and coffee. And later that night we got raided. It was a good day.

Erin and me.

I saw this guy on the way back from the conserv after practicing last night.

Below is the view from my dorm window. I live on the "U" but at the end of the hallway so I can see a little more than just ugly Fischer. Snow makes everything prettier. I even love the contrast between the bare tree branches and the white sky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucky... it's 80 degrees here.