
Ruth and John came up to surprise us the weekend before I left! It was wonderful to get to see them. I think this is quite a wonderful picture of us together in front of the packed car.

Here is my desk and the bottom half of my bookshelves. I like my desk, full of books and pictures, but it's right next to the vents that blow out cold air so I'm writing this on my bed right now.

Here is the beautiful bulletin board that my father made me and the star that Kate gave me for Christmas. The cork from the bulletin board kept falling down but I think I have mastered them with the wonderful 3M Command Strips. Notice the Norman Rockwell calendar from my friends at the Sanitary Bakery, the Artist Series schedule of events, and the postcard of blossoms in front of Blanchard Hall. I love Blanchard.

This is my little nook. A sophomore who has now become a friend helped loft Liz's bed above mine in an L-shape. It's my favorite part of the room, especially because of the tea-cups and mugs that decorate the back of Liz's dresser.

Another view of the nook. I love it and so have decided not to count the number of times I knock my head, shoulders, and back standing up or getting out of bed.
3 comments:
Aah, the pictures of your dorm room bring back such vivid memories of my freshman year. I didn't get a loft until I was a sophomore, so you are way ahead of the game. :) It sounds like everything is going great for you. We miss you!
I'm so glad you're sharing pictures. I wish I could come visit. That is a great pic of you and John. I like your desk pic the best. Who's that a black and white postcard of on the pic of your bulletin board? - the one that's on the bottom? I see you took lots of tea cups with you! Your desk and nook are very cute. Hee hee-do you have juice boxes?
The postcards belong to my roommate. I think it's some guy from Seinfeld. Wheaton had a poster sale and she bought those; I bought a bigger poster of a bunch of workers eating lunch on a bridge high above NYC. The boxes also belong to Liz - stuff you can add to water to flavor it, I think. I bought grapes, carrots, cheese, and lots of crackers last week which has made me very happy.
Post a Comment