Thursday, September 27, 2007

For Your Amusement

At Saga for supper today all of us students were handed a paper with this amusing note. I have reproduced it for you exactly as it was written. I laughed out loud when I read it, which was probably not the reaction they were looking for. I couldn't help it - that second to last sentence was just too funny:

Dear Students

We are sad to say
that the Anderson Commons
"is now Closed" sign
has been confiscated
from the cafe
yesterday between 7:30pm-8:30pm

We are requesting that the sign
be returned immediate
and in great condition

Until the return of the sign
Chicken Tenders will not be
served in the dining hall

Thanks for your attention
to this matter

Bon Appetit

8 comments:

kate said...

mucho silliness (that's spanish for "very silly")

Ken said...

Can they do that?

Sounds like a class action lawsuit waiting to happen.

Karen said...

I'm curious to know...are chicken tenders back on the menu yet?

Carol said...

The sign has not yet been returned. Further bulletins as events warrant. : - )

Ken said...

This probably deserves a blog of its own...

kate said...

cookies = fuel
time for more posts!!

Carol said...

I'm confused. Yesterday chicken tenders were served at lunch yet the sign still hasn't been returned. They did not keep their word!

Carol said...

Chicken tenders have been served several times but the sign has not reappeared. I met someone who has a friend whose friend has a friend that has the sign in her, or maybe his, apartment above the fireplace (fireplace?!) and has no intention or returning it.