Saturday, June 29, 2013

Visits with the fam

For sure one of our favorite parts about having our first home of our own is inviting people into it. Our little table expands to fit guests, and my repertoire of dishes I'm willing to serve to company is slowly growing too. We've also got now got a couple folding chairs and a piano bench so Tim and I don't have to sit on a plastic tub covered with kurpas either.


Uncle Scott and Aunt Jenny came through town for the missions festivals, and we got gathered together with Joel and Sue over Pakistani Kima and my first attempt at artisan bread. Not pictured was our birthday party for Uncle Bert a few nights later. 

Over Easter my parents came to visit us and attend the Soli Deo Gloria's production of Bach's B minor Mass. The visit nicely coincided with Joel's family being in town too, so we picnicked and walked together at Herrick Lake on Saturday.

We're looking forward to another reunion this summer when we head to the northwest for Jonathan and Kim's wedding.

In April, we had company from the Avery side of the family. Mom Avery came up to Chicago for Milo's birthday and Matt's art exhibit, and they all came out to Wheaton on April 20th, so we had a full apartment.


I was glad for some of the old toys that my parents had brought from New Jersey for when we have young guests. Jacks and bouncy balls were a hit with Margot and Milo until the neighbors downstairs started banging on their ceiling. I'd hadn't thought about how annoying that would sound from below.

So who wants to come visit next?

1 comment:

Elizabeth and Milan said...

I do!

Glad to see these pictures so I can better picture your home.