Sunday, December 19, 2010

Small group and a big dog

The Sunday after my birthday (which was a Very Good Day), one of my small group girls invited us all over to her apartment for dinner and games. Grace, my co-leader, figured out how to use the self-timer on my camera (which I'd recently discovered, but forgotten how to find again), and we took this picture after a wonderful meal, dessert, and rousing few rounds of bananagrams. From left to right: Jessica, Emily, Allison, Grace, Stephanie, and me. Kari, unfortunately, wasn't able to come. These girls come over to my apartment devotedly at 7 AM every Tuesday (I supply coffee) - I've been so encouraged by them! We've all found our study of Paul Miller's book A Praying Life to be convicting and helpful. I'm looking forward to another semester with them, which I hope will include more fun outings together. We also enjoyed a joint chapel skip for hot chocolate at Graham's in downtown Wheaton.

And partially because I'm amused at how bad I am at taking pictures of myself and partially to show how much she's grown, here's a picture of me and most of Lucy. Remember how I used to be able to hold her? I'm growing quite fond of this dog, and I think she likes me too.

No comments: