Every year, Wheaton College invites alumnus John Nelson back to conduct an Artist Series concert with combined choirs and symphony orchestra. This year all the choirs plus Chicago's Apollo Chorus and a choir from another college plus some professional soloists performed Brahms' Ein Deutsches Requiem. I'd been looking forward to the concert since my high school piano teacher emailed to me say that he'd heard that Wheaton was performing the Requiem and that I absolutely had to go. It was totally worth all the anticipation. I got goosebumps over and over again.
Brahms's Requiem is unique because instead of following the standard Latin requiem text, he collected texts from Scripture, and it is sung in German. The selected texts and translations were printed in the program. It was a very worshipful concert.
If I click on the picture and zoom in, and I can actually recognize some friends who were performing.
No comments:
Post a Comment