I am, apparently, way too much fun, because he wasn't eager to go to bed, or stay there. This poem came to mind that Donna and I both remembered from childhood:
Bed in Summer
by Robert Louis Stevenson
In winter I get up at night
And dress by yellow candle-light
In summer quite the other way,
I have to go to bed by day.
I have to go to bed and see
The birds still hopping on the tree
Or hear the grown-up people's feet
Still running past me in the street.
And does it not seem hard to you,
When all the sky is clear and blue,
And I should like so much to play,
To have to go to bed by day?

It is now not yet 8 on Friday night, and the sky is clear and blue, and I am sufficiently exhausted to think bedtime wouldn't be such a bad thing. After all, I have to rise early tomorrow to watch the ladies' final at Wimbledon, and somehow at the same time, the Argentina vs. Germany World Cup quarterfinal.
1 comment:
I agree- you're much too much fun for early bedtimes. Looking forward to 1.5 months!!!
Post a Comment