Saturday, September 12, 2009

It was good.

Today I went to Home Depot and bought happiness. People say money can't buy it, but perhaps sometimes that's not true. I think I came pretty close today. And it wasn't even that expensive.


(I resolve to do something about the tacky scotch tape.)


Appearances affect my morale. Our apartment isn't very homey, which makes me gloomy sometimes. And while this is true of me, I'm not particularly good at changing those circumstances. The co-op and several different thrift stores haven't yielded anything that catches my fancy, but I think the greenery will help. It makes me happier to have something living to take care of. Remember my bean plant from freshman year?

5 comments:

mother said...

I have a much smaller one of your large plant, which I think Ruthie gave me. She has one also. I believe it is called something like Shefflerer. I can't seem to decide on the correct spelling, but it is something like that. Definitely low maintainance. Doesn't need much light, or water. Looks better when the leaves are washed off. They get dusty. The room is looking better already.

Stephen said...

The scotch tape looks great. Keep it.

kate said...

i've been into plants lately too. i'm taking clippings and growing new ones and bringing the doubles to my classroom. green makes all the difference.

Mary said...

me too! Just bought another the other day to replace the cutting of my orchid that got an infection when I ignorantly cut and repotted it.

Kaitebon said...

I recommend chinchillas