But the friend that I didn't speak to soon enough was quick to try various methods to get the information off the hard drive (albeit unsuccessfully) and equip me with a hard drive for use until the new one came in the mail. Now the new hard drive is installed, and I've learned my lesson about backing stuff up.
This was a bit of a traumatic experience, but the more I think about it, the less I can complain. I've had awfully good help and in losing all this I'm reminded that it's all earthly, fleeting stuff anyway. Granted I'm not always good at remembering that, so I'm also comforted that lots of my pictures are online, some papers are in my e-mail, and my music is back in NJ.
In other sad news, I lost my Burt's Bees chapstick a few days ago.
2 comments:
oh dear.
it's the loss of chapstick that just rubs it in all wrong.
not fair.
hey carol, just read this entry and suddenly am grief-stricken along with you. Oh the chapstick!!! I def love my Burt's Bees too. Did you know it's made in Durham? Oh well. Good thing they sell it in the Wheaton bookstore, huh. So are you able to post anymore? What's up with the computer?
Post a Comment