Yesterday after lunch I headed to the job site in an '84 jeep. That sweet little car is especially fun to drive because you never know when it might just quit on you and need to be restarted with a bizarre two footed motion. I ended up not quite remembering how to get to Kelly's land and wandered up and down bumpy dirt roads in that neighborhood until I drove to the end of a road turned around yet again and saw the group. I wonder how many times I'd driven past without knowing it.
I spent the afternoon at the job site getting thoroughly covered in dust and sweat and plenty of concrete. It was delightful. I wish it could happen more often this summer. In that wonderful condition, Ashley and I drove to H-E-B to pick up a few random grocery supplies. We couldn't resist buying this strange piece of fruit we saw. Amalia, the cook, said it's called tuna. It's good.
2 comments:
Your nephew is precious!!!
nopales are quite tasty, particularly when cooked in garlic if I recall correctly.
colleen
so apparently that fruit is also called a prickly pear, which made me think of the jungle book song the "bear necessities" which you probably haven't heard or seen but the verse goes:
Now when you pick a pawpaw
Or a prickly pear
And you prick a raw paw
Next time beware
Don't pick the prickly pear by the paw
When you pick a pear
Try to use the claw
But you don't need to use the claw
When you pick a pear of the big pawpaw
Have I given you a clue ?
haha, and now it's stuck in my head. thanks. haha i love you!
Post a Comment