"Scattered wits take a long time picking up; and often, before I had got them well together, they would be dispersed in all directions by one stray thought."
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
A photo shoot
This is my friend Patton. We've spent quite a bit of time together during the last week. He's a fun dog - good natured, though not mild mannered. He does try very hard to please me. It's just so hard to be good when he thinks someone wants to pet him. He's also incredibly vain, perhaps more so than any of my pups. Whenever someone praises his appearance while we're walking together, he positively dances. It's pretty ridiculous.
But, he has reason to be pleased with his appearance. He has a gorgeous thick, chocolate-colored coat. He's much handsomer than this picture shows.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
wow, Carol, that is a handsome dog. Whose is it, and how did you get to walk him?!!!
aw, he woves you
Nice... glad you've got a dog to walk. The power of the leash is an unexplainably amazing feeling. I especially like that last picture of you with him kissing you and the snow and building in the background. Very cool.
I'm surprised I never wrote about how I met Patton and his family, the Padgetts. It was so clearly providential. I was walking back from aural skills class, feeling miserable for myself, when I saw a gorgeous chocolate lab running around the grammar school field. I didn't see anyone around at first and thought he had jumped a fence. Then I saw his owner and assumed he had slipped his collar and didn't want to be caught. So I called him to me and he came bounding, slammed into me, raced past me, came around and jumped on my back, and knocked me over. My backpack went flipping over my head. It was pretty much love at first sight, apparently. Because of that, I met his owners who are an amazing, godly, fascinating, wise, experienced, loving, generous couple. It's been a privilege to enjoy their company and walk their dog, of course.
Post a Comment