Thursday, August 15, 2013

In Indy, IN

If I post in August about our July trip, maybe I'll write about September about our August trip. I'd prefer to think of myself not as a delinquent blogger, but as a fashionably late one. 

One weekend in July, Tim and I took a half day on Friday and drove down to Indianapolis for a weekend with some good friends. Donna Grace was one of my roommates in college, and she's dating a great guy who was in Tim's small group. And I approve. I believe we promised each other once that we'd have to approve the other's potential significant other if the time came. When I told DG that I'd gone on a date with Tim, she told me I should marry him. He passed that test with flying colors.

The weekend together was one of those wonderful ones with friends revolving around long conversations, long walks, and good food, of course.

And introducing a Great Horned Owl into the mix makes everything even better. Did you know that birds pant when they're hot and/or stressed? There's a special word for it, which I've forgotten at the moment.

Indianapolis has one of the largest city parks in the country. We ate our picnic lunch and listened to bull frogs (I think that's what they were? Or very strange birds), learned about the owl, walked and talked, and then sat and talked.

And in between we looked at a flock of birds on the water. I think they were cormorants.

Home for dinner, dessert, a short sleep, worship together, lunch, a sad farewell. How do the good times go by so fast?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I want to have come! What a lovely set of people.