Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter tradition

Yesterday I attempted making hot cross buns for the first time. They were not bad, but not great; a bit dense, I think. I thought they had risen plenty, but then after they baked, they weren't the round shape I remember from my mother's hot cross buns. They were a bit flat. Maybe I should have given them more time on the second rise.  I haven't perfected this yeast bread business yet.    

I've discovered that the best place for rising dough, if I want it to rise in a reasonable amount of time, is under the heat lamp in the bathroom.

Fun with the camera.  

2 comments:

mother said...

Is it possible that the rolls raised to much and then fell leaving a flat shape? Probably they would have a yeasty taste if that were so.

Mother said...

why don't I notice my typos before I post the comment?