I wanted it to be 7 weeks in 7 photos, but I couldn't figure out which picture to cut out.

Here with four dear friends - Erin, Sarah, Robin, and Amy - before senior banquet. We could have followed up the banquet with the campus dance, but Robin and I are old ladies so we tottered back to our apartment to collapse exhausted on the couch.

Shortly after spring break I house sat for a week and took care of two dogs, two bunnies, one chinchilla, one tortoise, and some fish. It was not so eventful as last summer's
animal-sitting extravaganza but it was not without mishap. I wasn't expecting the 110 pound Mastiff puppy to go into season. It was great having a house to share with other friends. I cooked our regular Tuesday evening dinner there. It coincided with Sarah's birthday, so Susanna made a cake and we had a lovely meal together. Living in an apartment is much more wonderful than being in the dorms, but a real home beats a campus apartment any day.

Definitely one of the highlights of the semester was going to the Gospel Coalition Conference in Chicago. Besides getting to hear rich teaching on teaching on preaching Christ and the gospel from the Old Testament, I got to hang out with Ashley and her husband and sister-in-law. This was the first of what has been (and will be) a spring and summer of sweet, if brief, reunions with dear friends.

This beautiful lady has become a dear friend this year. Sarah's getting married in September. Scott's a lucky man.

Here's a bunch of us graduating seniors from the College Group at College Church. There was a special lunch for us one Sunday after church. A picture doesn't exactly capture it, but the College Group has meant a lot to me this year, and no less this last semester than any other. Such a great group.

My small group went out for breakfast together (instead of to my apartment) the last Monday of the semester. These girls astound me, in a good way.


Another happy reunion was with Laura, one of my roommates last year who graduated. We had lunch together because she was in town some time in the middle or end of finals week. Our time together is a bit of a dim memory, unfortunately, because I was so sleepy.
I found out that the the Wheaton Public Library has a partnership with nearby museums and similar places so that it's possible, with diligence and good timing, to get discounts or free tickets to those places. I wish I'd learned about this four years ago! This spring meant some said farewells as well as reunions. A spring time trip to the Morton Arboretum (partially funded by the library) was a great way to spend some last sweet hours with these two dear Wheaton friends, Julie and Allison. All the pressure of finals and packing melted away as we talked together, admired the flowers, and basked in the sun. We took a detour on the way home for a stop at Graham's for ice cream – a pre-dinner treat. These were definitely some of my favorite hours in the semester.

Liz, who was my freshman year roommate, came over for tea the afternoon of my last final exam. We hadn't seen much of each other since we lived together, so there was a lot to catch up on. She's wonderful – I couldn't have asked for a better roommate.
No comments:
Post a Comment