I spent Easter weekend this year with my friend Lisa and her family in Grand Haven, Michigan. It was a lovely weekend in every way, but at the moment what I am most excited about is the bird I saw on Easter Sunday. I wish this were a picture I took, but I couldn't get one because I was inside looking out the window, and he was a few feet away perched on the railing of the deck. Yesterday, I described the bird to Robin and she, remarkably, said, "Oh, that sounds like a grosbeak." 7th grade natural science class finally paid off. Google provided this image, and Robin was able to identify my bird as a male Pine Grosbeak. Pretty sweet. Today, I googled the bird and found from this blog that the Pine Grosbeak is a rarely seen. I feel so special!
Maybe I'll become a birder when I grow up.
(Also April 26, 2011 is the 226th birthday of the Audobon. Check out google.com today.)
No comments:
Post a Comment