A wise sister once told me that if you aren't feeling very well, it's a good idea to try to look really good.
This is the last day of a long week, and the work isn't finished yet. I have a big research paper for Dr. Jacobs, who is a notoriously demanding professor, due at 11:59 tonight. A few minutes ago, I handed in another good-sized paper for Dr. Lundin, and am about to continue editing work on the research paper. I'm exhausted, but the good thing is that I'm dressed up in pin-striped black pants, leather boots, a beautiful sweater, and make-up. That's sure to make me feel good, think well, and write better, right?
3 comments:
Absolutely. My freshman roommate had tall knee high beautiful leather boots we referred to as "Empowerment boots". Feeling spurned by a crush? Empowerment boots. Worried about your test? Empowerment boots. Hate the world? Sooo time for empowerment boots. I bought my own pair and have been wearing them on my angstiest HNGR days this semester...
so, to which sister do you attribute that?
Ruth. I stayed with her over spring break back in high school (the week before Radu proposed). Ruth had a nasty cold, but we went to Home Depot to buy annuals anyway. She dressed up in nice pants and make-up and shared that bit of wisdom with me.
Post a Comment