Thursday, June 25, 2009

Ashley and Dave's wedding

I flew into Mobile, Alabama Thursday evening knowing that Ashley would there to pick me up. My fast walk through the terminal turned into a run when I saw her and Blakely (who came down to visit Ashley in Mexico last summer) waiting for me. What a precious thing it is to be reunited with friends. They took me to Dave's parents' home where a lot of friends were gathered. Ashley had told everyone about her little friend from Mexico (the missionary with a dictionary) so I was greeted with hugs when I expected handshakes.

Friday morning we ran around doing errands and made ten bridesmaid bouquets. We put them in water in the refrigerator and Ashley's mother found them there completely wilted the afternoon of the wedding. It didn't take long to make ten fresh, beautiful bouquets.

Friday evening was the rehearsal and dinner, and Saturday morning we gathered for a bridal brunch at a cute tea room. I wore this dress that I bought a few days before at an antique store in Wheaton. It's a handmade prom dress from the 1960s.

Last summer for Ashley's birthday Dave mailed her Dreamland's barbecue - their favorite restaurant. We all went there Saturday night before a worship service.





Dave moved to Alabama from Boston a few years ago. He and Ashley are hard core Red Sox fans.


The reception was on the water so there was a pleasant cooling sea breeze and a gorgeous sunset.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I just skimmed through this post briefly... looks like so much fun. Glad you have such awesome friends at Wheaton. And that is a LOT of bridesmaids!