Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Yosemite


I think this must be the view of the valley from Glacier Point. Behind us (me, Susie, Christine, and Jon) is Half Dome which Mr. Prol, Nate, Dan, and Andrew climbed. Some day I will hike it too.


Nate, Dan, and Jon.



These three guys (Dan, Andrew, and Nate), with Mr. Prol, got up at 5:00, I think it was, to climb Half Dome. They got back eleven hours later.



Our last supper together in California was at this nice restaurant in the valley.


This bear was amazing. So big, so close to us, so exciting.


Me, Susie, and Christine. Susie and I climbed up to Vernal Falls and back.


And here's me in front of Half Dome.


And here are the five of us that didn't hike Half Dome - me, Jon, Susie, Chris, and Christine.

Yosemite was beautiful. Awe-inspiring. Breathtaking. One of my classmates kept describing it as unbelievable, but I have to object to that. Scenery like that fills me with wonder, but not unbelief. It's true; it's there; it's real. It was created by my God.

No comments: