I was thinking recently about one of the reasons I decided to blog. I
quote:
But mostly, I think, I'd like to become more comfortable and confident writing. Except for e-mails, essays for school are the only things I write, and I find them so difficult and laborious that I dread them. And I don't want to dread writing. So I figure, what better way to learn to write than to write about interesting things whenever I feel like it?
I think blogging has helped a bit. I still find writing very difficult, and it still takes me a long time, but I think feel more comfortable doing it. At least I might dread essays a wee bit less. I'm glad about that. But I was amused when I took a moment to compare my essay grades from before and after the birth of Ramblings. I found that my average essay grade has fallen about four points. In fact the last two essays have been A- instead of A+. (The end of the world is coming!) Perhaps blogging is bad for me. Or just bad for my GPA. Good riddance to grade point averages - I'm not quitting.
And the further irony is that in spite of my amazing ability to average numbers and compute differences I still think I'm going to fail the AP Calculus test on Wednesday.
2 comments:
Hmmm... not quite so sure that your blog has anything to do with your paper grades. And furthermore, I'm sure you will not fail the AP Calc test. I'm sure all that time you've spent with Amanda over the years she's got to have rubbed off some of her math skills on you! =)
"Good riddance to grade point averages."
- Carol J. Miner
Perhaps I'll add this to the Reflections pages in the bulletin.
Post a Comment