Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Less Reason for Complaint

Yesterday morning was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad morning. I was really wallowing in self-pity all day. I guess that was pretty pathetic and self-centered of me. I only got terribly lost and stuck in traffic for nearly two and a half hours on my way to school. Other people got flooded out of their homes.

The record-breaking rainfall has really made a mess of the roads all across New Jersey. It'll probably get worse before it gets better because more rain is predicted and waters will rise. On Monday I had the good sense to turn back home when I saw that Bloomfield Avenue was closed, but on Tuesday I was not so fortunate. I drove in first gear for miles upon miles along 280 past my flooded-out exit, along 80, to 287, to 202, which should have brought me to the road the school is on. But something went wrong, and I still don't know what. Perhaps I didn't make it onto 287. In any case, I got horribly lost in bumper to bumper traffic the whole time and didn't make it to school until 10:30. It was really miserable. Everything turned out okay, so I'm not really sure why it was so upsetting, but still I felt really stressed and tense all day thinking back on it.

Bloomfield Avenue is still closed and traffic reports say 280 and 287 are more like parking lots than highways. So today I am staying home, and I am not complaining.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. i had no idea.

Danielle said...

Wow. We get tornadoes here, but none have actually touched down. Sorry you've had all those problems with flooding!