Friday, March 23, 2007

At Colleen's Request

Last Saturday my classmates and I provided the entertainment at the annual Faculty Appreciation Dinner. The theme was carnival and we all dressed, and acted, as clowns. It was rather fun letting loose all self-restraint. One of my teachers said she knew it was going to be a fun evening as soon as she entered the room because she almost got hit by a bean-bag. Some teachers we actually did manage to hit!

We entertained them with various antics and skits during the meal and then with carnival style games after. Each of us introduced a game in the peculiar manner of a teacher. They had to guess who was being imitated. We finished off the entertainment of the evening with a song called Take Me out of the Classroom. Ten of the twelve verses joke about some of the teachers, recalling their quirks and funny incidences. It was quite hilarious. They really love that kind of stuff.

The top picture is of my whole class and the patient mom who supervised us. The tall one is on stilts.

And this picture is of Christine, Susie, and me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

necesito llevar mi pelo como esa noche el lunes

kate said...

hey! i recognize a vest on one of the boys!

Carol said...

porque, ana?

Carol said...

Funny you should notice. I went through all the closets looking for weird stuff. Actually both the boys in the front row are wearing vests from your closet. A lot of them were wearing my striped socks too!

Anonymous said...

From the looks of it, it seems like you all had a great time! Is it really possible that you are going off to college in a few months? Time flies :)

Thanks for posting


colleen

Anonymous said...

Nice picture of you girls... do you have the lyrics of that song still... when I come home in May, I'd love to see that!

Anonymous said...

porque es un looko goodo para mi

Anonymous said...

Wow, I never would have recognized you, Carol :-)

I'm going to write you an email this week...it's been too long, really!

Carol said...

Anna! How good to hear from you! How's life at Barnard in the big city? Looking forward to hearing from you when you get a chance.